Our Old School Service Agreement
One Plan for One Fee Covers All Your Heating & Air Conditioning Systems
Service agreements are supposed to provide protection and peace of mind. But how can they when the companies involved don’t play fair?
Case in point: home warranty companies supposedly offer attractive low monthly fees. But when something goes wrong, the math never adds up. You’re suddenly hit with high deductibles, “fine print fees,” and expensive upsells, all of which are designed to benefit the company more than the customer. This doesn’t sound like much of an “agreement” at all.
Honesty is what our company is built on and we would never offer a service agreement that bears our name using those same “fine print fees” and tactics that other warranty companies hide. There are no “fine print” traps with Joseph Ferme Plumbing and Heating Inc. It’s our name, so it’s our word!
Our Old School Serivce Agreement is based on a simple flat rate of $135 per hour. Period. There are no games, no traps, and no fine print. You could save anywhere from $50-$235 per call!
Our $135 service call includes:
- Travel time
- Repairing the system—for the first hour, labor only*
- Materials up to $300
- A guaranteed 24-hour service response time or the service call is free (no $135 charge)
*If repairs require additional time or materials, they will be proposed with applied discounts for approval.
The materials we cover alone pays for the service agreement—and your peace of mind!
Customers without our Old School School Service Agreement:
- Must pay $185 for the first hour of diagnostics during an emergency service call
- Must pay $227.50 for evening and weekend service
- Must pay $370 for service on holidays
The Benefits Old School Service Agreement
Our Old School Service Agreement delivers many no fine print benefits, including:
- Unparalleled treatment based on honesty and integrity—you and your home enjoy top priority service
- All our man power is concentrated within a five mile radius
- Peace of mind appointment confirmation—we respect your time!
- Year-round 24/7/365 drama-free service
- Spring air conditioning inspection ($135 value)
- Fall furnace/boiler inspection ($135 value)
- No labor rate games, overtime fees, travel time fees, weekend or holiday premium fees, or surprises
- No home warranty insurance deductibles or “all inclusive” bait and switch contracts
- Discounted labor and materials
- A $250 instant rebate on all new HVAC systems
- All new equipment that we install includes a two-year service agreement
- All services that we perform exceed industry standards and comply with local codes
- All credit cards are accepted without surcharges and instant financing is available
- We are employee owned and operated as well as licensed and insured
Your Included Protection
As part of your service agreement, Joseph Ferme Plumbing and Heating Inc. will thoroughly inspect and calibrate equipment during tune-ups for maximum energy efficiency twice a year.
During your Spring safety and opportunity inspection, our Islip HVAC professionals will:
- Test for correct airflow through units and your home
- Inspect electrical connections
- Inspect the quality of installation
- Inspect areas where your equipment is located
- Inspect your equipment’s condition
- Inspect the condenser and evaporator coils on air conditioning units
- Inspect the blower components
- Evaluate the system’s starting capabilities
- Test the safety controls
- Evaluate the temperature differentiation
- Test the refrigerant pressure
- Examine the condensate drains and drip pan
- Evaluate the heat pump heating mode and defrost cycle
- Examine the heat exchanger, ignition, and burner assemblies
- Test the venting and clearances
- Test the thermostat differential
As part of your Fall safety and opportunity inspection, our heating partners will:
- Test the system for carbon monoxide
- Test for gas leaks
- Test the ignition system for safe and proper operation
- Test safety and control circuits
- Inspect the duct system airflow and all piping
- Inspect for combustible material around the furnace
- Visually inspect the heat exchanger for separations
- Tighten and inspect all electrical wiring
- Test the exhaust system for proper venting
- Mesure the amperage and voltage of the motors
- Measure and adjust the gas pressure for peak efficiency
- Clean and lubricate the blower assembly
- Measure the supply/return temperature differential
- Calibrate and level the thermostat
Frequently Asked Questions
What is covered?
ALL your heating, hot water, and air conditioning systems.
What value does $300 in service agreement fees deliver?
- Spring HVAC safety and opportunity inspection ($135 value)
- Fall furnace/boiler safety and opportunity inspection ($135 value)
- Up to $300 in materials annually-this, alone, pays for your entire service contract cost!
- $250 instant rebate on installations
- Locked-in hourly rate of $135 with no overtime fees, holiday rates, or upcharges
- Same-day service guarantee
- Peace of mind that you have Joseph Ferme Plumbing and Heating Inc. when you need us most
When can I make a service call?
Instantly! We will arrive within 24 hours—guaranteed—or you do not pay the $135 service call fee.
How long is the service agreement?
Our basic agreement is $25 monthly, $300 per year, and renews annually until cancelled. Canceling is as simple as placing a call into the office.
If you’re interested in signing up, just give us a call at (631) 201-1772 today!