Employment Opportunities in Islip
Join the Winning Team at Joseph Ferme Plumbing and Heating Inc.
Joseph Ferme Plumbing and Heating Inc. is currently looking for highly technical and professional residential service technicians who love to help people live in greater safety and comfort. The essential functions of the HVAC Service Partner are to provide general HVAC installation, repair, and other services. This position handles service calls to customers in their homes and utilizes customer service training to educate and assist customers in choosing the right services, products, and financing options. Candidates must be available to work some nights and weekends.
The job responsibilities include:
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing HVAC systems
- Providing excellent customer service
- Maintaining proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle
- Traveling to job sites in service areas and working with the dispatcher to ensure the schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to the customer
- Obtaining customer authorization/signature for payment (or financing) at completion of job
- Documenting all installed equipment upon arrival, carefully noting the make, model, serial number, and type of fuel, and taking photos as necessary
- Assisting customers in evaluating repair versus replace options
- Assisting in generating and scheduling replacement consultations (as indicated)
- Meeting or exceeding minimum performance standards
The job requirements include:
- Must have 5+ years of experience in residential services (HVAC)
- Must be willing to pursue, develop, and participate in continuing education
- Must be experienced in forced hot air/hot water
- Must have knowledge of local HVAC codes and the ability to apply them in a practical manner on each job
- Must be able to work with inspectors, suppliers, and co-workers to ensure correct project work while abiding by all codes
- Must have the ability to draw simple diagrams and read blueprints/other diagrams
- Must possess and maintain a valid and clean driver’s license
- Must be willing to work overtime and “on-call” shifts as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds
- Oil burner knowledge is a plus, but not required*
Why Should You Join Our Team?
There are many perks to joining our team of Islip HVAC service experts, including:
- The ability to make over $100,000 a year
- Plenty of advancement opportunities
- A highly competitive benefits package
- A full-time, year-round work schedule
At Joseph Ferme Plumbing and Heating Inc., we live by the core value “A great place to work—all for one and one for all!”
Streamlined, Transparent Process
We send a text message and email as soon as the call is dispatched with a picture and description of the partner coming to your home. We also provide a GPS link to their vehicle so you can track their arrival in real-time.
Professional and Respectful
Our partners arrive uniformed and prepared to keep your home clean and tidy. Our team wears booties while in your home, brings their own welcome mat for the front door to keep dirt out, and cleans up when we are done!
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Your time is valuable to us and we know you don't have time to wait around. That's why I'll be there when I say I will, I guarantee it! If we're not there when we said we would be there, the service call is free.
Our hands are open to the community. We believe strongly in mentoring the local youth and giving back to the community we serve. We regularly donate free equipment to those in need through our contests!